Global manufacturing company
United States, France
Salesforce Sales Cloud, Customer Community, Salesforce Mobile App
- The company did not have a system or tool in place to track their customer relationship information.
- The company had numerous disparate, outdated tools that worked independently of each other and were in no way coordinated.
- The tools they were using did not offer adequate self-service capabilities or mobile access, limiting customer engagement and opportunity management.
- Their system was not capable of submitting comprehensive (100+ fields) requests to Siebel.
The company implemented:
- Sales Cloud with custom configurations designed to meet internal requirements
- Salesforce 1 to improve mobile access
- Customer Communities to facilitate a pilot set of customers for self-service support
- Salesforce to provide a request briefing tool that enables a more seamless process and reduces redundancy
- Salesforce to be the system of record for contacts, activities, and opportunities, and to provide improved support to their customers
- Integration via a REST API with a custom-built BI tool and Siebel CRM
- Marketo to enhance their marketing campaigns and improve targeting
Now that they’ve implemented Salesforce as their CRM, the company has a baseline solution that can easily be deployed to their headquarters across the globe:
- Basic CRM capabilities are now in place, including contact, activity, and opportunity management.
- Their integration with Siebel and MicroStrategy (SAP data) provides a 360° view of their customers
- Salesforce serves as a single window that allows sales reps to work on customer-related activities. It also provides data from SAP and Siebel for Sales and Sample Requests, respectively.
- Their new request module allows comprehensive requests to be created in the mobile app or in Salesforce itself and submitted directly to Siebel.
- They now have a streamlined sales process and superior reporting capabilities.